Birth of #WellyED2014
On the back of the success of educators’ forum #edchatNZ, another new venture has begun: the Wellington connected educators’ group, #WellyED.
The group was formed at the conclusion of Connected Educator Month in October.
Philippa Nicoll Antipas says there is definitely a need for a connected community for Wellington educators.
“Wellington: the coolest little capital, right? Well, it certainly has been chilly if you’re a connected educator – the chill of feeling lonely. Where has Welly been on the innovation in education scene?
“With the birth of #WellyED, a connected educators’ community, we aim to showcase the innovation that is definitely happening in a Wellington classroom near you. We also aim to provide warm and demanding support to educators who wish to learn and grow their modern learning practice.”
Educampwelly – described as an 'unconference' is to be held at Samuel Marsden Collegiate School in Karori on February 28, 2015. More information on this event can be found on the blog or on the educampNZ Wiki; people can register here.
You might also like to read:
- Education sector leaders debate latest NZ Initiative research
- Careers NZ now part of Tertiary Education Commission
- Part-time secondary teachers seek equal pay
- Report compares NZ and European qualifications frameworks
- Manurewa Intermediate shines at PM's Education Excellence Awards
- Digital fluency investment marks biggest change to curriculum in a decade