N4L finalists for two Hi-Tech Awards2015
N4L (Network for Learning) has been named a finalist for two categories in New Zealand’s Hi-Tech Awards. The Managed Network is a finalist for Best Public Sector Technology Solution and Pond, N4L’s digital hub for teachers, is a finalist for Innovative Initiative.
Yesterday N4L announced that more than half a million students and teachers across New Zealand are now using its Managed Network to support their learning. Schools continue to connect to the government-funded service well ahead of schedule.
Meanwhile over 6000 teachers are now using Pond, a digital hub that is designed for teachers to discover and share content, and connect with their peers.
N4L chief executive John Hanna is delighted to see N4L named as a finalist.
“We can see schools of all sizes all over the country using the Managed Network and Pond to discover new resources, open doors to new learning opportunities,” says Hanna. “The reaction from schools to the work we are doing to support them on their digital learning journey is overwhelmingly positive and being named a finalist today is exciting.”
Winners of the Hi-Tech awards will be announced at a ceremony in Wellington on 15 May.
You might also like to read:
- Education sector leaders debate latest NZ Initiative research
- Careers NZ now part of Tertiary Education Commission
- Part-time secondary teachers seek equal pay
- Report compares NZ and European qualifications frameworks
- Manurewa Intermediate shines at PM's Education Excellence Awards
- Digital fluency investment marks biggest change to curriculum in a decade